We have carefully refined our patient evaluation and treatment process over the last 23 years. This process includes:
- Phone consultations
- Clinical evaluations without brain scans
- Clinical evaluations with brain scans (SPECT studies)
- Clinical evaluations with SPECT studies and qEEG (qEEG are images of electrical activity in the brain)
- Treatment recommendations such as vitamins, dietary supplements and recommendations, physical and mental exercise, and hyperbaric oxygen treatment (HBOT).
We track patient outcomes and are proud of our excellent success rates, which are highest when full clinical evaluations are performed and patients are compliant with treatment.
Learn more about SPECT
Visit our the 18 Ways SPECT Can Help page to learn more about how SPECT works.
Learn more about HBOT
Visit our Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment page to learn more about hyperbaric oxygen treatment.
Frequently asked questions regarding assessments
What can I expect from an assessment?
We’ll start by gathering information about you and the reason you’ve contacted us. Then we’ll conduct some evaluations. Parts of this process may vary depending on your individual situation.
In general, here’s what you can expect:
- You’ll fill out forms and questionnaires about yourself, your lifestyle, and your health history.
- You’ll then take a computerized neuropsychological assessment.
- Next, you’ll meet with an Amen Clinic historian in person to go over in-depth details about what may be bothering you now and over the course of your life.
- If undergoing SPECT scans, you’ll have two scans 24 hours apart: one while performing a concentration task, and one while your mind is at rest.
- For some patients, a qEEG is conducted.
- Finally, you’ll meet with a doctor to go over scan results and treatment recommendations specific to you and your brain.
- One to three weeks later, you can expect a follow-up visit to answer questions or concerns and to find out how well treatment is working.
Amen Clinics also does follow-up treatment, consultations, ongoing treatment supervision, and second opinions for our patients.
Do I need a referral to the Amen Clinics?
People are referred to the Amen Clinics by physicians, therapists or mental health professionals, family members, or friends; however, you do not need a referral in order to access our services.
If you are not referred by a doctor or other professional, you’ll speak to one of our intake coordinators to make sure Amen Clinics is the appropriate place for help. Sometimes, a phone consultation with one of our medical professionals is recommended before an evaluation or scans are scheduled.
Let’s find out how we can best help you. Call us today at 1-888-564-2700 or tell us more to schedule an appointment.