Food: What’s Healthy? What’s Not?
When it comes to food, knowing what’s healthy and what isn’t can be tough. The food industry has done a masterful job of brainwashing people into believing that their products are good for you. Wrong! Get the real dish on healthy eating from nutrition coaches Tana Amen, the co-author of The Brain Warrior’s Way and several brain healthy cookbooks, and Mareya Ibrahim (aka the “Fit Foodie”) and author of Eat Like You Give a Fork. The two women met on ABC’s Recipe Rehab when they were both contributing to the #1 New York Times bestseller The Daniel Plan, written by Dr. Daniel Amen, Pastor Rick Warren, and Dr. Mark Hyman.
Join these two in a week-long series of the Brain Warrior’s Way Podcast, in which they share their secrets to the food swaps, easy cooking methods, and simple mindset strategies that can help you shift to a way of eating that will help you thrive. Find out what to put on your fork will boost your moods, supercharge your energy, sharpen your thinking, and more.
In this entertaining and insightful series, you’ll discover:
- Why everything you put on the end of your fork matters
- How to retrain your taste buds using an 8-day reset that will make you crave healthy food—it’s true!
- Ways to transform your kitchen and rehab your refrigerator to make healthy meal prep so much easier
- Why you can’t believe food labels that say “healthy”
- What knowing your motivation has to do with getting healthy
- The foods that blitz your brain and shut down the signals that tell your body you’re satisfied
- How even if you’re eating 2,000 calories a day, you could still be malnourished
- How feeling depressed or lethargic could be a sign you aren’t getting certain key nutrients
- Why it’s never too late—or too early—to change your eating habits and start changing your DNA in a positive way
- How you can overcome a family history of obesity, diabetes, and cancer to have the brain and body you want
- Why it’s a good idea to eat vegan twice a week
- The best ancient grains to help you get all the amino acids you need
Listen to the 4-part series on Eat Like You Give a Fork on the Brain Warrior’s Way Podcast.
At Amen Clinics, we have helped thousands of people use nutrition to help balance their brain and minimize symptoms of mental health/brain health issues. If you or a family member needs help, call 888-288-9834 or schedule a visit online.