Your Ultimate Guide to Gut Health
- In which organ are 75% of the neurotransmitters in your body produced?
- Which organ contains 2/3 of your immune tissue?
- Which organ has 10 times more cells than the total number in the rest of your body?
- Which organ houses an army to protect your body from harmful invaders?
- About 70% of people have problems with which organ?
The answer to all these questions?
The health of your gastrointestinal tract is directly tied to the health of your brain, which is why it is so important to feed it high-quality fuel. The food you eat has a major impact on your overall health as well as your mental wellbeing.
Just look at Victor. He had been depressed for 30 years and tried multiple treatments without relief. He even had electroconvulsive therapy, but it didn’t help. Finally, he went for a full brain-body assessment that included brain health nutrition coaching and was put on an elimination diet, which meant he gave up eating foods that are common allergens, such as gluten, dairy, sugar, soy, and corn.
After he stopped eating these foods, his mood improved dramatically. Then he re-introduced each food one-by-one. When he ate gluten, nothing happened. When he ate dairy, nothing happened. It was the same with sugar and soy. But when he ate corn, it was a different story. Within 20 minutes, he had a vision of putting a gun in his mouth with his hand on the trigger.
By giving up corn, he helped heal his GI tract, decrease his depression, and regain his life.
In a special 4-part series of the Brain Warrior’s Way Podcast, Dr. Daniel Amen and Tana Amen explore the importance of nutrition and gut health. Here’s just some of what you’ll discover:
- The connection between the bacteria in your gut and autoimmune diseases
- How your gut can impact your asthma and allergies
- The common “healthy” foods you eat that could be harming your GI tract
- The popular medications that mess with your good gut bacteria
- What stress does to your digestive tract
- Why “leaky gut” is becoming more common
- The simple strategies to restore gut health
Listen to the Brain Warrior’s Way Podcast series on nutrition and gut health.
If you think gut problems may be contributing to your own mood issues, focus problems, or brain fog, understand that Amen Clinics has helped thousands of patients, including Victor, to heal their GI tract as part of a targeted treatment plan to heal their symptoms. Amen Clinics takes the guesswork out of psychiatry by performing comprehensive brain-body evaluations that include looking at biological issues that contribute to mental health issues. Schedule a visit online or call 888-288-9834 to speak to a specialist.