9 Frequently Asked Questions About ADD
Did you know that it is estimated that ADD affects 4-5% of the adult population and 5-10% of school-aged children?
ADD is a national health epidemic that continues to grow and even though it is now being diagnosed more frequently than ever, it remains one of the most misunderstood and incorrectly treated illnesses of our day.
Many people with ADD are very intelligent, creative, spontaneous, fun and successful. However, untreated ADD can have alarming consequences and is associated with higher incidences of:
- Academic problems
- Low self-esteem
- Job failure
- Alzheimer’s disease
ADD, like many other conditions, is not just a single and simple disorder; therefore, treatment is not a one-size-fits-all solution. With more than 125,000 brain scans in our database, we have identified 7 types of ADD.
That’s right – 7 different types! And each type requires a different treatment plan because of the diverse brain systems involved. Treating all people with ADD the same invites failure and frustration, and can be a disaster, as the traditional treatments that make 2 of the types better can make the other 5 types worse.
Watch this short video where I answered some of the most frequently asked questions regarding ADD.
You will hear my answers to the following nine questions:
- Can I live a productive life with ADD without medication?
- Is a person ever too old to begin medicine for ADD?
- My ADD worsened 1000 times after having kids; is that common?
- Can an imbalance in hormones cause ADD?
- What are your supplement recommendations for ADD?
- What are your medication recommendations for ADD?
- Can an ADD diagnosis happen after a traumatic brain injury (TBI)?
- Which diet plan should a person with ADD follow?
- What is your recommended dose schedule for omega-3 fatty acids?
ADD does NOT have to rule your life. Amen Clinics has helped tens of thousands of people with ADD/ADHD from all over the world. With targeted treatment, you CAN change your brain and change your life. If you feel that you or a loved one could benefit from an evaluation, contact Amen Clinics Care Center today at 888-288-9834 or visit us online.