Daddy Issues: How Can They Affect A Child?
The relationship a child has with their father is extremely important to their early development. Do you have “daddy issues” because your dad wasn’t the best parent? Fathers are so important to your development and to your self-esteem, and when that bond isn’t as strong as it could be, it can affect your life in powerful ways.
In a week-long series of the Brain Warrior’s Way Podcast, Dr. Daniel Amen and Tana Amen share personal and enlightening insights about their own issues with their dads. And they explore how your primary relationship with your father plays a major role in how you think and how you behave in your day-to-day life.
In this eye-opening series, you’ll discover:
- How to understand the way your relationship with your father has affected your life
- Why birth order matters in your relationship with your father
- How your dad’s mental health/brain health impacts your own life
- Why one of the major themes in Dr. Amen’s psychiatric practice is how patients got along with their dad
- How a girl’s bond with her father greatly affects her relationships with other men
- How an unpredictable or unstable father impacts your emotional brain even years later
- What it means for you if your dad had mental health problems
- How having a dad with obsessive compulsive disorder affects you
- How stepfathers can make a big difference in your life
- Why your memories about your dad may not be completely accurate
- How seeing your own brain scan can dramatically change your perception of your father
- How to reframe the way you think about your dad
- Simple strategies to prevent daddy issues in your own children
Listen to the 4-part series on Daddy Issues on the Brain Warrior’s Way Podcast.
At Amen Clinics, we have helped thousands of people overcome family and mental health issues so you can mend relationships and heal past hurts that stem from your upbringing. If you or a family member needs help, call 888-288-9834 or schedule a visit online.