10 Sneaky Ways the “Evil Ruler” is Causing Mental Illness
Imagine if an Evil Ruler was in charge of our society and their top priority was to create and perpetuate mental illness as a way to diminish and control their subjects. How would they do it? The Evil Ruler would create policies and promote behaviors guaranteed to contribute to brain health/mental health problems.
1. Perpetuate the biological warfare in America. According to a 2019 study, only 12% of the population meets the following criteria for optimal health:
- Waist circumference—less than 45/35 inches for men/women
- Fasting glucose—less than 100 mg/dL and hemoglobin A1C <5.7 percent
- Blood pressure—systolic less than 120 and diastolic less than 80 mmHg
- Triglycerides—less than 150 mg/dL
- High-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol greater than 40/50 mg/dL for men/women
- Not taking any related medication
2. Use psychological warfare to hurt their subjects. This includes ignoring past emotional trauma created by alcoholic or drug-abusing parents, and not addressing current or past traumas from earthquakes, fires, floods, immigration, and criminal behaviors.
3. Model undisciplined, negative thinking patterns and never teach their subjects how to eliminate the ANTs (automatic negative thoughts) that infest their minds.
4. Perpetuate shame, one of the most powerful psychological weapons. Shame is a painful emotion that results from negatively comparing yourself to others or not living up to your own standards. Social media outlets are masterful at creating shame as they invite nonstop comparisons to other people who may or may not even be real. Because of this, the Evil Ruler would use social media to shame others and would give people free rein to spout hateful ideas without consequences.
5. Cause strife among their people, subjecting them to chronic stress that separates them from each other, so that the Evil Ruler can retain more power.
6. Bombard people with negative news cycles, creating an us-versus-them mentality and pitting political, racial, and other groups against each other.
7. Create a society where recreational marijuana dispensaries are on every corner and alcohol is promoted as a health food. In examples of Evil Ruler entrepreneurial genius, Girl Scouts are now setting up outside marijuana dispensaries. In 2014, a 13-year-old Girl Scout sold 177 boxes of Samoas, Tagalongs, and Thin Mints outside a San Francisco pot dispensary. After being there just a short time, she had to call for help to be restocked. In 2018, a 9-year-old Girl Scout sold 300 boxes of the tasty treats outside a San Diego pot dispensary in about 6 hours. Smarter still, inside the pot dispensaries they are offering Girl Scout THC Peanut Butter Cookies.
8. Increase the social pressure to stay connected to your phone and social media for work and relationships, not allowing enough time for sleep and self-care.
9. Lead people to live meaningless lives, devoid of values and connection to a life beyond themselves.
10. Model an amoral life, making it seem normal, even desirable.
In my book, The End of Mental Illness, I show you over 40 additional ways the Evil Ruler is promoting mental illness in our society. I also introduce you to an imaginary Good Ruler, who is passionate about ending mental illness in order to create more effective, happier humans. And I show you how they would encourage people to enhance their brain health and advocate policies and behaviors that would minimize the risk of developing brain health/mental health problems. You’ll also find simple steps you can take in your personal life to fight back against the influence of the Evil Ruler, so you can boost your brain health and decrease your symptoms.
The End of Mental Illness is written by psychiatrist, neuroscientist, and brain health expert Dr. Daniel Amen and relies on the latest neuroscience and leading-edge brain imaging to show that mental health is really brain health. The book reveals that “mental illnesses” are really “brain health issues” that steal your mind, and it shows how using the least toxic, most effective solutions can be the key to alleviating “psychiatric” symptoms without side effects. Order your copy here.
If you want to join the tens of thousands of people who have already enhanced their brain health and overcome their symptoms at Amen Clinics, speak to a specialist today at 888-288-9834. If all our specialists are busy helping others, you can also schedule a time to talk.