QEEG (Quantitative Electroencephalogram) is a diagnostic tool, which measures electrical activity in the form of brainwave patterns. This tells us how your brain cells are communicating and helps us target a treatment plan, including neurofeedback, to your brain’s needs. It is a painless, non-invasive procedure that takes about 30 minutes and helps by:
- Identifying cognitive and psychiatric problems
- Showing how your brainwave patterns can be improved
- Predicting medication response
- Tracking your progress with different therapies and treatments
- Providing objective information used to create your personalized neurofeedback program or other guide other therapies, such as transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS), to strengthen your brain
In conjunction with SPECT, QEEG gives us additional information about how your brain functions and can be used for baseline information as well as to track progress with treatment.