This Policy applies to information collected only directly through or from AmenClinics.com. This Policy also does not apply to third-party online resources to which AmenClinics.com may link, because Amen Clinics, Inc. does not control their content or their privacy practices.
What Information Do We Collect?
AmenClinics.com’s purpose is to provide you with detailed healthcare information so we may request correspondingly detailed personal health information from you. Certain information is necessary for us to provide one or more services to you. For a full description of these services, see Section 4, “How We Use the Information We Collect.” Other information is optional; if you elect not to provide optional information, it may limit the value of what AmenClinics.com can provide for you. For example, if we do not have information on a mental health condition you may have — such as attention deficit disorder (ADD) — we will not be able to provide information about how best to manage your diet and lifestyle to improve your health. (That includes information on medications that may help you manage a diagnosed condition like ADD.) In short, the more information we have about you, the more valuable AmenClinics.com can be to you.
We collect two types of information on AmenClinics.com. The first, “Personal Information,” is information that allows someone to identify or contact you, such as your name and e-mail address, as well as any information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing information. The second type, “Anonymous Data,” is data not associated with or linked to your Personal Information. Anonymous Data cannot be used to identify you. We collect Personal Information and Anonymous Data based on your participation on AmenClinics.com.
How We Collect Information from You
AmenClinics.com will collect information from you when you interact with us in the following ways:
As with most sites on the Internet, when you visit our Site, AmenClinics.com may place a “cookie” on your computer that enables us to give you a better experience on the Site.
- Internet cookies are small text files that save data about you as an individual visitor and help AmenClinics.com deliver personalized content and other services in a manner convenient to you. When you first register or sign in, AmenClinics.com places your member ID and e-mail address into a cookie file.
- If you select “Remember Me” when signing up or signing in, AmenClinics.com also places your e-mail address and password into another, separate cookie file.
- Many Web browsers are automatically set to accept cookies. You may change your browser settings to either reject cookies or notify you when a cookie is about to be placed on your computer. Please note, however, that rejecting cookies while visiting AmenClinics.com may result in certain parts of the Site not operating correctly or as efficiently as they would with cookies. For example, if you are a AmenClinics.com Member without a cookie, you may need to enter your username and password each time you visit the Site in order to see your AmenClinics.com calculation. If you allow cookies, it streamlines your user experience on AmenClinics.com and keeps track of your preferences.
b) IP Address
An “IP Address” is actually a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. In some cases, your IP address stays the same from session to session; but if you use a consumer Internet access provider (such as Earthlink or AT&T), your IP address probably varies from session to session. We track IP addresses solely in conjunction with session cookies to analyze our Web page flow.
Information is also collected from you when:
- You fill out forms on our Site, including registration forms, the AmenClinics.com tests, tools, and assessments.
- You interact with the message boards and post comments on articles.
- You click on advertisements on the Site or in one of the free health newsletters and e-mails you receive from AmenClinics.com.
- You invite someone else to join AmenClinics.com through our Web Site’s sharing tools — in that case, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as the other person’s e-mail address, in order to send this e-mail; if you decide to invite someone else to take the AmenClinics.com tests and they subsequently register with us, we will collect and save the other person’s e-mail address, as we would for anyone who registers on the Site.
Also, in most instances we include certain tracking links that allow us to monitor whether you accessed specific content or advertisements. If you click on one of these links, we will record that click and certain activities on AmenClinics.com associated with that tracking link. We may use this information for various purposes, such as to conduct internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and clicking behavior and to customize the content and advertisements you see.
How We Use the Information We Collect
When you register with AmenClinics.com, we use your Personal Information to create a customized Web experience for you and to improve our services. We may use Personal Information to:
- Determine your brain type and process your answers to quizzes in ways that provide you with tailored information regarding your health.
- Present you with advertising on the Site, based on the health interests you listed in Personal Information.
- Improve the content and layout of AmenClinics.com.
- Statistically analyze user behavior.
- Receive feedback on editorial content.
- Develop products, marketing, and promotions internally at AmenClinics.com.
- Merging your Registration Information with other, optional types of Personal Information that you provide to us voluntarily, such as merging your health-related information from taking the AmenClinics.com tests with your responses to surveys, health assessments, and questionnaires. In other words, we will combine basic Registration Information you provide to us (e-mail address, username, password, age, gender, and zip code) with additional information you provide.
- Combining your Personal Information with outside records, such as postal data and other demographic data. We do this to conduct research, improve the quality of our services, and send you printed health and wellness information by postal mail that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Participating in market research activities through AmenClinics.com, including health surveys. When you take part in such activities, we may ask you to submit Personal Information such as health and lifestyle data about you and your family. However, our reports and analyses to clients and partners are made only on an anonymous basis, using Anonymous Data.
We do not send or support the delivery of unsolicited bulk e-mail (a.k.a. “spam”).
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
As a convenience to our Members, we provide a number of ways to review and change information in your account and to unsubscribe from AmenClinics.com services. For one, you can go to the AmenClinics.com and log onto your account page to make any desired changes. Similarly, each e-mail message you receive from us contains one or more links to AmenClinics.com that allow you to conveniently access this information. Or you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking here.
Blogs, Videos, and Other User-Generated Postings; Social Networking
AmenClinics.com reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor Postings. AmenClinics.com does not and cannot monitor all of the Postings made to the Sites and will not be responsible for the content of any Postings. AmenClinics.com has no obligation to verify the accuracy of any personally identifying information posted to our Sites. However, AmenClinics.com reserves the right to delete any material in any Posting that is obscene, harassing, offensive, or otherwise objectionable and not in keeping with the community standards of AmenClinics.com. Under no circumstances will AmenClinics.com be liable for any inaccuracy or defect in any Postings. We also expect our users to adhere to certain rules. Therefore, you agree not to post, e-mail, or otherwise make available Postings:
- That are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, libelous, or invasive of another’s privacy or harmful to minors in any way.
- That harass, degrade, intimidate, or are hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability.
- That include personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent.
- That are false, deceptive, misleading, deceitful, misinformative, constitute “bait and switch,” or impersonate any person or entity.
- That contain your own or a third party’s advertising, branding, or promotional content.
- That infringe upon any proprietary rights, including copyright, of any party, or Postings that you do not have a right to make available.
- That restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying AmenClinics.com or the AmenClinics.com services offered on them.
Because AmenClinics.com does not monitor the Postings, you agree to use and rely on them at your own risk. AmenClinics.com cannot make any representation or warranty about the material contained in the Postings. AmenClinics.com likewise assumes no responsibility for any contact you may have with other users of our Sites, either online or offline. If you elect to meet in person with someone you may meet on our Sites, you do so at your own risk; under no circumstances will AmenClinics.com be liable for any activity or injury that may occur.
AmenClinics.com may disclose information about you and your use of the AmenClinics.com and the AmenClinics.com services if AmenClinics.com believes such disclosure is reasonably necessary in order to:
(i) Comply with the law or legal process where a formal request has been made, such as from an administrative oversight agency, civil suit, subpoena, court order, or judicial or administrative proceeding;
(ii) Protect or defend the rights or property of AmenClinics.com or others;
(iv) Respond to claims that the content(s) of a communication violates the rights of another.
Sweepstakes, Give-Aways, and Contests
We may conduct give-aways, contests, and other promotions on the Site in which we may ask you for additional information. We will use and treat this information as Personal Information in accordance with the terms of this Policy. Participation in such give-aways and contests is not necessary to use AmenClinics.com, and whether you may choose to participate in any particular give-away or contest or not will not affect your general use of the Site.
AmenClinics.com has implemented security measures intended to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of the information under its control. Our network access to the infrastructure is protected by a firewall protection system. Member information is backed up on a periodic basis to protect against accidental loss. You have the option when you enter personally identifiable information (e.g., registration, health profile questions, surveys) to use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to protect your information during its transmission across the Internet. We use secure digital certificates to assist with verification that you’re actually using AmenClinics.com and have not been diverted to an imposter Web site.
However, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and AmenClinics.com will not be intercepted by others, and that information stored on our servers will be free from unauthorized access. While we have taken reasonable precautions to protect this information, you should always use discretion in what information you send to us and not expect that such information will be absolutely free from intrusion. The confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from AmenClinics.com cannot be and is not guaranteed. Accordingly, AmenClinics.com is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
About Our Affiliates
AmenClinics.com services and Web Sites are not directed at children. They are designed for individuals who are 20 years of age or older. We will not request or knowingly collect information from an individual under age 20.
If you are a parent and you’re worried about your children’s activities or their privacy on our Site, we encourage you to e-mail us at
A Note to Non-U.S. Users
YOU EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT. YOUR PERSONAL DATA MAY BE PROCESSED IN THE UNITED STATES. UNITED STATES LAWS REGARDING PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA MAY BE LESS STRINGENT THAN THE LAWS IN YOUR COUNTRY.
A Note to California and Canada Users