The Secrets to Overcoming Sleep Problems
In a week-long series of the Brain Warrior’s Way Podcast, Dr. Daniel Amen and Tana Amen talk about sleep with Dr. Shane Creado, a psychiatrist at Amen Clinics and an expert in sleep medicine. Dr. Creado completed a sleep medicine fellowship at the University of Wisconsin and has created a 21-lesson online course to help you get the restful sleep you need.
In this remarkable series, you’ll discover:
- What your brain is doing why you sleep and why it’s critical to survival
- The surprising ways sleep affects our memory, moods, and overall brain function
- How many nights of sleep deprivation it takes to make you go psychotic (hint: it’s less than you think)
- The effects of losing a single hour of shuteye
- The sleep-related issue that raises your risk for sudden death and heart attack
- How many extra calories your body thinks it needs for every 4 hours of sleep deprivation
- The medications that may be messing with your rest
- Why it’s so hard for kids with ADD/ADHD to get the ZZZ’s they need
- Why sleep aids and medications may be doing more harm than good
- The truth about what you should do if you can’t fall asleep or if you wake up in the middle of the night
- The real deal about CBD oil and sleep
- At least 10 things you can do before resorting to taking Ambien
- The best supplements for more restful sleep
Listen to the 4-part series on sleep with Dr. Shane Creado on the Brain Warrior’s Way Podcast.
At Amen Clinics, we understand how important sleep is to overall brain health and we evaluate all the biological, psychological, social, and spiritual factors that can be contributing to sleep issues and mental health problems. If you’re having trouble sleeping and it is affecting your life, make an appointment with Dr. Creado by calling 888-288-9834 or schedule a visit online.